Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Priceless Gowns!!!





Last year a group of us girls were talking about all the dresses we have from weddings we had been in and formals we had gone to in college. Now, those dresses just sit in the closet and look pretty! Anyway, we decided we should get them together and give them away to girls that are going to prom. Last year was the first year and it went well. There was still a lot of work and a lot to be learned. So, we planned earlier this year and worked hard to make it a dream come true for some teenage girl that may not, otherwise, get to go to her senior prom!
This past Saturday we set up in the atrium at church and gave away dresses! We were able to give shoes, jewelry, make up samples, bibles, and even offer minor alterations! Several of our moms were there to help with alterations and it was just a neat time to get to serve and give together.
You know, I have been given so much in my lifetime! God has blessed me tremendously through other people giving of their resources. I do not have a whole lot to give, but I can give what I do have!
Growing up, in my house, my parents would have done anything in the world for my sister and me. They would have taken the shirt off their own back so that we could have things, if they had to. I know that there were times where they did not financially have the money we needed for formals and all of the things we wanted to be a part of. Not that we were a needy family, by any means, but it would have been such a blessing to be given a dress. Then, we could buy the jewelry, shoes, pictures, dinner... all that goes along with it.
All of that to say, I am so excited that we were able to be a blessing to high school girls last weekend and I'm so looking forward to this Saturday when we will do it again. There is nothing more exciting than tears in a mother's eye and the look on her daughters face when she steps out of the dressing room feeling and looking like Cinderella! Every girl deserves that!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love the pics from the pizza place. Can't wait to see yall soon. Addy's turning into such a big girl!

    ReplyDelete