Saturday, March 6, 2010
With Hands Held High................
Today God gave me an image that I don't have a physical picture of, but one that will forever be etched in my mind! This weekend is our DNOW for our youth and it has been so awesome so far! Justin brought in Aaron Keyes to lead worship! He is amazing---he is truley anointed and I absolutely loved the way he quoted scripture and lead us in singing truth to our Father. He also brought in David Rhodes to speak and he has done an amazing job of challenging, encouraging and speaking to our hearts. Beyond all of the awesomeness of seeing students worship God, I was reminded of how precious and innocent childlike faith is. Justin's parents came up to hang out with Addyson and Riley so I could participate in everything and not have to worry about the girls. They did come up to the church tody for the worship service this morning. Janna (her and Derek came up and led our seniors) was holding Addyson as we were all singing. I had just walked in to hear Aaron leading us in singing "Glory to God"---one of Addyson's favorite songs to listen to in the car. As I scanned the crowd to just see where she was, I saw Derek with his hands raised, Janna with her hand raised, and Addyson's sweet adorable little hand raised! Tears immediately began falling as I hit my knees and prayed to God that one day Addyson would be so passionate for him that her hands would be raised adoring and praising him! However, I am convinced (though she was following the lead of everyone else, obviously--) that in her own way, she was showing her affection towards God and HE was so blessed by the innocence of her hand raised high in honor of HIM! Jesus loves the little children!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a sweet story! Wow, that's a funny coincidence, the summer after my freshman year at MC I helped lead worship with Aaron Keyes at JH Ranch! Haven't seen him since, but I did hear he was still doing it.
ReplyDeletethis sweet story brought tears to my eyes, too!! what a precious image forever etched in a mother's memory :)
ReplyDelete