




This year we took our youth group to Myrtle Beach, SC for our beach week! We dropped the girls off at Justin's parents and Justin and I headed up a little early to enjoy a day at the beach ourselves and get all set up for the students to arrive. It rained the whole time we had before students, which was God's way of telling us to rest, I guess. Oh well! We still had fun together going out for seafood and staying a night in a nice hotel. It was a little different for us to go ahead of the group but we had so much fun putting everything together--it made us feel like we were back at Crosspoint again (where we met working camp)! This was a huge defining moment in the life of our youth group! God definitely changed some hearts and it was so awesome to see our youth play together and love on eachother--genuinely! We had great weather and great fun! More importantly, walls came down and God moved in lives! Justin even baptized 6 students in the ocean--that was so awesome! And, one of my favorite things was solitude on the beach each morning where students spread out across the beach and had their own quiet time--awesome sight! It was a great trip for us and we are so thankful to be a part of an awesome ministry! I love my husband---I love his heart and I'm so proud of him!!!
sounds like an awesome week Lisa! praise the Lord!
ReplyDeleteThat is so great! Sounds like an awesome trip! I love to hear of God working... I know the memories that were made will last a lifetime!
ReplyDelete