Friday, April 17, 2009

When God moves.........Bittersweet blessings!!!

Three and a half years ago, God moved us to First Baptist Conroe, TX! He has blessed us beyond what we could ever hope or imagine here! We have built relationships with wonderful families that have put marks on our hearts we will never forget. We've been through many life changing experiences with having a baby, losing a baby, growing in our marriage, growing in our walk with the Lord... It has been a wonderful place to live and grow. Now, God is moving us!
Churches call Justin often (bc he is so wonderful and passionate and has a heart for students that I have never seen before!) and he has always said he never wants to get too comfortable where we don't even pray about an opportunity. So, when the new pastor from First Baptist Alpharetta, GA called, we prayed. We've been praying and praying for the past several months that God would shut the door if HE was not wanting to move us, and HE has just opened it wider and wider. So, we must be obedient to HIS call and follow where HE leads us!
We are very excited about the opportunity to touch new lives, but very sad to leave relationships here! I am personally excited about getting to see God use my husband and broaden his ministry and spread his wings to fulfill even more of the potential I know he has! This is going to be a great chance for him to be under an incredible leader that I know he will learn a great deal from.
So, for you prayer warriors out there: Pray for Justin as he left and is on his way today! Pray for me and Addyson and Rookie as we stay here until school is out without Justin. Pray that our house will sell and I'll be able to keep it clean with a dog and a toddler! Pray that God will heal our broken hearts towards people here knowing we will keep these relationships and give us a passion to pursure new ones in Alpharetta!

2 comments:

  1. Lisa, I'll be on my knees, battling for you and Justin in prayer these coming weeks. I love y'all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Lisa! I'm glad you found me on my blog, it's good to hear from you! Looks like y'all are about to make a big move, I hope it's a good one and a good adjustment. We moved to Seattle last summer, and it's definitely been an experience being so far away from friends and family, but overall it's been a great change. Addyson is beautiful, it's neat seeing how we've gotten all grown-up and mommy-like over the years, huh? =)
    -Emily

    ReplyDelete