Thursday, January 6, 2011

Destin with the girls!!!!!!!!!






One of the greatest surprises of my summer was finding out that my girl friends from college were going to be in Destin the same time we had planned to go as a family! During college we would always make the trip when school got out! Well, after we graduated they have continued to go (so almost 10 years now). I never could go because it's always in August and when I was teaching, we were always in pre-planning or starting school. Anyway, when we moved back here (and since I'm not teaching) I was excited to be able to try and jump back in with them. It just so happened that they were planning to go the same time we were. So, while we were in Destin, I got to go spend 2 nights with them! It was so much fun to reconnect and catch up with girls that had played such a huge part in my life. We just layed out by the pool all day and it was so neat to see how God has taken us all in so many different directions, yet somehow, nothing had seemed to change with any of us (by the way, there were 13 of us!)! We all had or would be turning 30 that year, too, so we celebrated with cake and t-shirts that Katy made that said 30 IS HOT!!!! It was so much fun and I can't wait to go again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment