Tuesday, August 25, 2009

BABY HOLCOMB #2!!!



Ok, so many of you already know, but some still do not! We are expecting our second baby in November--my due date is actually November 26th which is Thanksgiving Day! We have much to be thankful for!!! So....here is the story. I began this blog when we found out that we had lost a baby in February. After having surgery, I went in for my post op exam and they did blood work. They called and told me that one of my levels was still a little high so they wanted me to come back in the next week to check it again. Basically, I was going to wait until I had a period and then Justin and I could try again, if we were ready, and they wanted a level playing field again. So, we actually came out to GA to talk with the church during all this, still hadn't gotten my period, and when we got back into town they did more blood work. Then, they called me and asked me if I thought I could be pregnant! I was shocked!!! So, I went back in and they did MORE blood work (which I HATE by the way). On my way home from the doctor I just started praying--God, if I am pregnant, please protect this baby and begin forming a healthy new life in me. And, if I'm not, please let me start my period so we can start trying and I can get pregnant before we move. After you have a miscarriage, they do things just a little differently at the beginning of a pregnancy and I really wanted to see my doctor through all that b/c I LOVE her! Well, Justin and I came back out to GA in view of a call to actually get voted in the church, and they called and told us we were pregnant again! WOW!!! So many emotions went through us! We were super excited, nervous, wondering if this soon was ok, anxious...........you name it, we felt it! So, we waited for quite a while to tell anyone our news-even our parents. Then, when Justin had to leave TX and come on out to GA in April, we told our parents so they could pray for us and mine could keep an eye on me and help me get the house ready to sell. Anyway, from the beginning we both could tell this pregnancy was going to be different. God has really helped us not to be fearful! That was what I was so afraid of--there were definitely times that I was uneasy and nervous and hoped everything was ok, but for the most part, HE totally calmed my concerns and just made me grateful for HIS blessing! So......... being around 17 weeks pregnant when we moved out here, I found a doctor right away and shortly after, we found out we are going to have another baby girl! Her name is going to be Riley Kate Holcomb and we are all getting very excited about meeting her. Being almost 28 weeks pregnant now, I am feeling good--just tired from chasing around little big sister! Addyson tells everyone that mommy's having a baby and she is going to be a big sister--she's so excited! We are everyday watching her grow and watching my belly grow and we are so thankful for God's blessing of allowing us to be parents! HE is so faithful!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. we are SO super excited for you guys and PRAYING for the safe arrival of little Riley Kate! (I LOVE the name!) addy is going to be a wonderful big sis :) i just can't believe you're already 28 wks! love you guys!

    ReplyDelete