We wanted to make it a special day for Addyson as well as protect her from feeling jealous and confused. She had spent the night with Kim and Fleetwood so they came up to the hospital on Wednesday and Justin met her in the parking lot. Justin's parents had just picked up my parents from flying in so she was able to see all grandparents and get lots of special attention from them before coming up to the room. We had the nurse take Riley into the nursery so I could have a few minutes of special time with Addyson to hug her and hold her. (I didn't want her to walk in and my hands be taken by new baby.) Justin brought her up to me and the three of us hugged and talked about baby Riley. Then, he and I took her down the hall to the nursery to look in and see her. Addyson said, "SHE:S PERFECT!" Then, the nurse brought Riley out to us and Addyson was able to meet her. She was so gentle and sweet!!!
FYI: Someone at church gave me the great idea of getting Addyson a special baby to take care of while I'm taking care of Riley. EXCELLENT idea! When I'm feeding Riley or changing her, I can tell Addyson to get her baby and feed/change her. She loves it!
No comments:
Post a Comment