We had been teetering back and forth about inducing Riley since family was coming in, it was getting close, and I had been walking around dialated 3 cm for over a week. We just knew she would come early on her own, but she seemed snug as a bug and wasn't making any attempts to grace us with her presence. My doctor gave me the option of inducing on Thursday, November 19th but we felt that was a little early. So, we scheduled for the next Tuesday, November 24th. Justin's parents came up Monday night and spent the night so they could take care of Addyson on Tuesday morning (we had to be at the hospital at 7:00am) and take her to meet up with Kim and Fleetwood. She spent the night with them. So, Justin and I went in on Tuesday morning and though I acted like I wasn't, I was a little anxious about the whole thing. This time was so very different from Addyson because we had time to anticipate and think about what all was going on. Addyson came 3 days early and we just rolled with the punches! When they hooked me up to the monitors to check Riley's heartbeat and my contractions, we were so happy to see I was already having contractions! YEA! Riley was ready and coming anyway! The nurse told me I only needed a whif of potosin! Contractions were getting stronger and I got my epidural. By about 12 something, my contractions were very strong and the doctor came in to do a little test push. He actually told me to stop and went and got everything ready b/c Riley was there and ready to be born! I pushed two times (one with a great big laugh b/c I actually looked up into the light on the ceiling and saw a reflection and Riley's head!!! Augh! Not quite what I wanted to see, but a good story! haha ) and Riley Kate Holcomb was born! She was born at 1:15, weighing in at 7 lbs. 9 oz. and was 21 inches long. She is absolutley perfect! God answered our prayers and we immediately fell in love with her!!!
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Riley Kate Holcomb is here!!!
We had been teetering back and forth about inducing Riley since family was coming in, it was getting close, and I had been walking around dialated 3 cm for over a week. We just knew she would come early on her own, but she seemed snug as a bug and wasn't making any attempts to grace us with her presence. My doctor gave me the option of inducing on Thursday, November 19th but we felt that was a little early. So, we scheduled for the next Tuesday, November 24th. Justin's parents came up Monday night and spent the night so they could take care of Addyson on Tuesday morning (we had to be at the hospital at 7:00am) and take her to meet up with Kim and Fleetwood. She spent the night with them. So, Justin and I went in on Tuesday morning and though I acted like I wasn't, I was a little anxious about the whole thing. This time was so very different from Addyson because we had time to anticipate and think about what all was going on. Addyson came 3 days early and we just rolled with the punches! When they hooked me up to the monitors to check Riley's heartbeat and my contractions, we were so happy to see I was already having contractions! YEA! Riley was ready and coming anyway! The nurse told me I only needed a whif of potosin! Contractions were getting stronger and I got my epidural. By about 12 something, my contractions were very strong and the doctor came in to do a little test push. He actually told me to stop and went and got everything ready b/c Riley was there and ready to be born! I pushed two times (one with a great big laugh b/c I actually looked up into the light on the ceiling and saw a reflection and Riley's head!!! Augh! Not quite what I wanted to see, but a good story! haha ) and Riley Kate Holcomb was born! She was born at 1:15, weighing in at 7 lbs. 9 oz. and was 21 inches long. She is absolutley perfect! God answered our prayers and we immediately fell in love with her!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment